That morning he showed up at my house on his motorcycle and holding a single, pink carnation. I think he had my heart the second he walked in the door! He took me to the zoo and then out to lunch. It was my first time riding a motorcycle and I absolutely loved it. A funny story Josh likes to tell is how he schemed to make me hold onto him. When I first climbed on the bike he told me I could either hold onto the strap across the seat or him. Of course, being me, I chose the strap. As soon as he started the bike, Josh revved it so I had to quickly grab onto him instead. We had a great time that day and I'm so grateful that Josh continued to ask me out!
Last Saturday we decided to relive that first date. It was almost exactly 2 years to the day and I had been wanting to see Zuri so we headed up to the zoo. We had another great day and enjoyed reminiscing about our first time there. The first thing we did was go to the bird show. We had done that 2 years ago and it was neat to see the same man running the show.




Tigers are Josh's favorite animal and he was able to get some great pictures because they were really close to the fence.

We had a great time on our "first date repeat" and even ordered delivery from the same Chinese restaurant where we ate lunch that day.

The motorcycle story is sweet, I love it!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are amazing!
ReplyDeleteCute! I remember when we visited the San Diego zoo and the giraffes kept licking the metal poles. They were obsessed with it-it was hilarious!
ReplyDelete