We took some "baby bump" pictures last week when I was 16 weeks along. Josh is a great photographer and we'll keep taking them as the weeks go by. Tomorrow I'll be 4 months along. It's been going pretty slow, so I'm glad to get to this milestone. We're almost half way there! I didn't notice how "high" I'm carrying the baby until I looked at these pictures. Josh thinks that means we're having a boy. lol.We went to our second doctor's appointment a few weeks ago and she said that everything is right where it should be-my weight, blood pressure, etc. She also listened to the baby's heart. What an amazing thing to hear! I can't describe the feeling I had when we heard that little heart beating away. The doctor said it was a good, strong heart. At that appointment, we also signed up for classes that are offered through the hospital. We signed up for a Lamaze class, the new mom and dad class, and a breastfeeding class. The new mom and dad class is next week but the others aren't until closer to my due date.
The second most exciting thing that happened at that appointment (the first was hearing the heart!) is that we set up the ultrasound appointment to see if we're having a boy or a girl. It's on September 10th-2 weeks from tomorrow. We're really excited to find out! Josh has also been working really hard on getting our second bedroom ready for the baby. It's been our storage/craft/whatever room since we moved in, but now it's going to also be a baby's room. He's been reorganizing, cleaning, and putting things into storage so we can have room for a small nursery. It will still be a storage room, but there's a big part that will be for the baby. He moved our rocking chair into the room and we got a lot of cute baby things from my sister (thank you so much Becky!) that we've put in there. Then there's the dresser we'll use and hopefully make into a changing table. It's fun to see the room changing and becoming a place where we'll be taking care of the baby.

Yay, how exciting! Good job on registering for the classes. It's always good to be prepared. I found the breastfeeding class the most beneficial out of the ones that I took-don't miss it! :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete