Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

What a wonderful Valentine's Day!! It started out for me on Wednesday when Josh came to my work and brought me a dozen roses, a balloon and a singing/dancing teddy bear. It was such a nice surprise to see him at my desk with a big smile on his face! I kept the roses there until Friday so I could enjoy them for a few days. I also taped the bear doing it's dancing. It sings "Get Down Tonight". It's more of a rap version than the traditional but it's so funny to watch him move. Needless to say, we didn't play it very often at work for fear of offending patients.

Then this weekend we enjoyed Valentine's Day as more of a Valentine's weekend. On Friday night Josh took me to see "Dear John". It was such a sweet, romantic movie. I like that he doesn't complain about watching chick-flicks with me! On Saturday we went to lunch at Z-Tejas and then saw "Avatar". Josh had been wanting to see it and I figured since he went to see my girlie movie, I should go see his movie. It was actually really good and we had great time being together.

Sunday morning, Josh made me breakfast. He made my favorite-eggs in a basket. So good! Then I gave him the card I made and tickets to the Zac Brown Band concert. It's his favorite group and he introduced me to their music. Anytime I hear "Chicken-Fried" I think of him because it started playing on one of our first dates and he started jamming to it.

Then Josh gave me his presents. He is so very good to me! He already made this holiday perfect for me when he became my husband but he made me come up with a list of gift ideas anyway. He bought me some wonderful books because he knows I love to read. He also bought me a cute shirt and a nice, warm sweater. And socks since mine keep getting holes in them and I needed some new ones. lol.
I can hear the question already. No, I'm not pregnant, but we do want to be parents in the future and I am pretty scared right now. I've always wanted to be a mom, but now that that time is here, I'm scared that I won't be a good one. I'm scared that I won't teach our children enough, or I'll coddle them too much, or I won't show them how much I love them as much as I should. I'm also just scared of the world they will be living in. Josh has been very loving and patient with me and I asked him to buy me some books about being a mother which have helped. I know there's no instruction manual to being a mother, but if I can learn from others' experiences, it would be great!

Anyway, back to Valentine's Day. Josh and I spent the day together and then went to dinner at my parent's house. It was the annual birthday dinner for my brother-in-law, Rhett, me and my dad. Everyone from my dad's side comes and we have a great dinner. We also gave away (and received) a lot of Valentine's treats. It amazes me how much my family loves us and I am so glad that they do! Here are some of the treats we were given.

We then went and saw Josh's mom, Kim, and his brothers. They are so great to us and I'm glad to be apart of their family. It was neat to be surrounded by so much love yesterday!

I am so blessed this Valentine's Day! I am blessed to have the most wonderful in the world! He loves me more with each day and shows that to me in the many things he does. He helps around the house by cleaning, taking out the garbage and doing laundry. He also is a great cook and leads us in prayer each morning. He is such a hard-worker and student and also teaches me many things. He is patient, tender and kind with me. He is a shoulder to cry on and listens no matter what I have to say. He is my best friend and I feel like the luckiest woman in the world! You are the perfect Valentine, Josh! I love you!!!

4 comments:

  1. You will be an amazing mother so there is no need to doubt your abilities :) and as President Monson has said "We are not called for what we are....we are called for what we can become" Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you too, Valeena! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Sweet! i love Valentine's day. And also I think you will be an excellent mother. It is a very scary thing but honestly there are SO many people around you who love you and who will be there for you every step of the way to help you-especially Heavenly Father! I think everyone has those fears, but the fact you are concerned already shows what a great mom you will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Kristen! That means a lot! I know you're a great mom and I love seeing the pictures of Grant!

    ReplyDelete