Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anniversary Inn

A few weeks ago I surprised Josh with a trip to The Anniversary Inn. Neither of us had been there before and I felt like we needed a little getaway. Work had been really stressful for Josh and we haven't taken a vacation in a long time so I reserved a room for us one Friday night. It was so fun looking online at all the types of rooms available and how much detail and effort are put into each one. During my search I found that they were having a special so I was able to get a more expensive room than I had originally planned. Once I had reserved the room the website offered many other things I could buy to make the night perfect. There were a TON of things available, but I chose a few of the not so expensive things. I had rose petals spread around the room and a little, rubber ducky put in the bathtub. I also ordered a movie pack with popcorn and treats.

It's a good thing I only did this two nights before because I wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret from Josh any longer than that! I packed a suitcase that morning and after Josh picked me up from work he asked what I wanted to do that night. I told him we should probably get dinner before going on our getaway. He was completely surprised and after we picked up our things, we grabbed dinner at a drive-through and headed to The Inn.

We went to the one that used to be the Salt City Jail. The outside isn't much to look at because they've kept the original building, but the inside has been remodeled and it's incredible. We stayed in the 49er Suite which was like a log cabin. The bed frame was made of logs and across from the bed was a fireplace with a pretty mantle and the TV above that.

When we walked in the room there was a bottle of apple cider chilling in an ice bucket. Two pieces of cheesecake were in the fridge and the flower petals were spread throughout the bedroom and into the bathroom. The bathroom was incredible! It was designed as a gold mine. The walls were rock and there were three steps that led to a huge Jacuzzi tub with a mine shaft above that was a waterfall and the shower. The sink was on a mine car and they had the softest, biggest towels and robes. The toilet was in an area that looked like an outhouse complete with a moon carved into the door.

We had a great night just being together and away from the world for a few hours. The staff was really nice and provided us with anything we needed or wanted. Saturday morning we got breakfast in bed which was soo nummy! It was served on a nice tray with flowers and we each got 2 drinks of our choice, yogurt parfaits, a cinnamon roll and ham/cheese croissant. I totally recommend this hotel for anyone celebrating an anniversary or just wanting to get away for awhile. We had a blast and the atmosphere was incredible.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun getaway! I'm glad you guys were able to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a peaceful place. I would love to take a getaway to a place like that! Glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete